Friday, February 04, 2005

Dog

Man's best friend or idiot creature that ought to have become extinct a long time back? I guess the answer to that rhetorical question depends on who you ask. My astute observation of humankind on that very question has led me to conclude that the world is divided into two camps with almost equal membership, one that thinks the dog is God's greatest gift to man and the other that firmly belives that the planet would be a much better place if all the canines on the planet were packed into a spaceship and sent to pluto or wherever else it is that dogs like to go. And for those of you that havent already guessed which camp I belong to, here's a clue: I have almost had sharp canine teeth sunk into my behind on no less than six occasions and in all but one of the cases, for no apparent reason. And even in the one isolated incident where the dog in question might have been justified in feeling aggrieved, the reasons were flimsy at best. I'll present the facts of the case and let you be the judge: As a kid, and a rather fat and dumb one at that, I once hurled a tiny pebble in the general direction of a dog that appeared to be enjoying its afternoon siesta after a good lunch. The pebble missed the dog by a mile, but apparently he didn't want to concern himself with that fact for shortly thereafter, I found him charging towards me with extraordinary eagerness. Now this development I had not anticipated, but despite being fat and dumb I apparently had the presence of mind to know that something was very wrong and with speed that belied my age and general physical well being, I rushed towards the relative safety of a nearby fence and only just beat the pursuing canine to it. Now that the facts are in front of you, I think you will agree with my assessment that the attack on me was without sound reason. What's the world coming to if a man can't even hurl pebbles around without the fear of violent retribution by vengeful canines. After this near-dogbite experience I realized the absolute truth in the saying,"Let sleeping dogs lie." but as I have discovered since, sleeping dogs don't always continue in their state of rest even when not acted upon by an external force. i.e dogs are not aware of Newton's third law. How much stupider can they get. They say an asteroid wiped out dinosaurs from the face of the planet. If only that stupid asteroid had made dogs extinct instead of dinosaurs the world would be so much better. There'd be no dogs and it would be Jurassic Park for real... How cool would that be.. :) .. until later... cheers...

Note:
a) The views presented above are based on facts and do not reflect the personal beliefs of the author, who by the way is a very balanced and fair-minded individual totally incapable of harboring a grudge.
b) No dogs were harmed in the writing of this article, though I wish that were not the case... stupid dogs...

1 Comments:

At 2:21 AM , Blogger Guru Kini said...

LOL! Another gem. I guess this stone-hurling episode left you mentally scarred for life. Now that explains a lot of things (including the articles in this blog) :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home