Monday, October 09, 2006

The Truth About Stupidity...

We live in a world in which stupidity abounds. It's all-pervasive.. like air. In fact, pollution-free air is an infinitely rarer commodity than undiluted stupidity. I doubt if we can get through five minutes of an average day without encountering stupidity in some form. This article is dedicated to stupidity and the proponents of this fine art... more precisely, it's a commentary on what I believe is the truth about stupidity and the stupid.

i) Stupidity compounds with association: Two stupid people are collectively more stupid than their combined individual stupidity and so on. So, never underestimate the awesome power of stupidity. There are few things more dangerous than a mob of stupid and angry people. It's quite a bit like the principle of magnetic induction. Stupidity is like a magnet for more stupidity, adding to the already existing stupidity until the density of stupidity reaches epidemic proportions. You can well imagine the destructive potential of this force of nature.

ii) Stupid People Rule: If democracy is the rule of people, then stupid people do rule!! 90% of the human population is exceedingly stupid, with absolutely no idea of what's good for them (you and I belong to the other 10%, of course). Democracy through "universal adult franchise", by definition, is designed to favor the stupid. So, the 90% population of stupids decides what's good for the other 10%, instead of the other way round, which would have made infinitely more sense. You dig?

iii) Never argue with the stupid: Stupidity is impervious to logic and reason. It's like trying to explain the theory of relativity to an owl. You are no further than where you started off at, and the owl is just plain exasperated. The last thing you want is a gang of angry owls on your tail.. Stupidity is like an immovable object which, by definition, is immovable. Attempting to move it is just plain stupid!!!

iv) Stupidity is the way of the future: We are rapidly heading towards a situation where stupid people occupy all positions of any consequence (In fact, we're almost there already). By nature, stupid people tend to favor other stupid people and a situation will soon arise where the non-stupid have to make a choice... join the revolution of stupidity or perish....

Well, I've already made my choice. I have decided to make a conscious effort to embrace stupidity and enjoy all the benefits it represents. From now on, I shall abandon all road and civic sense, worship Himesh Reshamiya's musical genius and regard the "Times of India" as the most authoritative literary work ever. Aaah.. I can already feel stupidity surging through my body.... until later... cheers.. 8-)

15 Comments:

At 1:03 AM , Blogger Kaushik said...

very neat, man. May I be permitted to ask what brought this on?

By a strange coincidence, was reading http://in.rediff.com/news/2006/sep/27spec.htm a few mins ago. Check it out!

But...Deccan Chronicle > TOI no?

 
At 1:16 AM , Blogger Pushuka said...

The situation you highlighted and others of that nature brought about this tirade, I suppose... and I guess I've been out of Hyd too long now. I totally forgot about DC. Ofcourse DC > TOI. It's the very definition of stupidity!!! :)

 
At 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an encounter with the people who designed the flyovers in B'lore :).
Don't ever join "The Nasal King club" or else I will never keep my feet in your house when I come back to India :). I had thought "throat king" (anu Malik) was the worst, never knew someone would cross him also.....

 
At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've written exactly what I feel. I mean you read my (people who are the 10%) mind.

I've had immense opportunities and privilege to have experienced the power of stupidity not just in the terrestrial area you are talking about, but elsewhere.

There is no opposite of stupidity. You just can't fight it. Let me know if you find a way to eradicate it. I for one, will join the freedom fight against it.
Because you brought this on, I am seriously hoping that you won't join the 90%.

 
At 10:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

 
At 4:37 AM , Blogger Pushuka said...

[Shilpa]: I have had encounters with people who would make those who designed B'lore's fly-overs look like super-geniuses. And don't you worry, by the time you visit India there'll be a new flavor-of-the-month musical moron whom I'll be worshipping.. :)

[Vin]: The situation is truly hopeless, man. The only way to eradicate stupidity is to stop recognizing it.. :-|

[Yogesh]: Glad you enjoyed the post.

 
At 5:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, man. Since we can't beat them, we should join them :(.
It should be more than coincidence at work that both of us have written passionately on Stupidity.
Stupid is...what an average Bengalooooooooru-ean does.
IMHO, Vidhan Sabha currently has the stupidest bunch of politicians that ever walked on this Earth.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger the Monk said...

Du-uh...

what?

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Pushuka said...

[Guru]: Truer words have never been spoken.... the renaming of cities, Belgauam, Kannada vs english.. the list is endless, dude...

[Monk]: I see, you're catching on quickly.. :)

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger Harish said...

Nice. You could not have can be truer about the 'art of stupidity'.

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger Arjun Sharma said...

Heh, teaching relativity to an owl! You brought on a fine picture, my friend!

Stupidity is not only a magnet, the strength of its forcefield grows exponentially. They're considering a mercy petition for a man found guilty by almost all the courts he's been tried in. They(I wasn't allowed to.) vote to power a party with a known record of 'secularism.' Shah Rukh/Aamir/Salman Khan and Sachin Tendulkar/Sehwag etc are paid crores to do nothing.

Limitless as space, this stupidity.

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger Pushuka said...

[Harish]: Thanks.. :)

[Arjun]: I couldn't agree more with you, dude...

 
At 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring on the next post dude..

 
At 12:35 AM , Blogger Pushuka said...

[Vin]: Thanks for the motivation. About time, wasn't it? :)

[Di]: Thanks!! And I see your near dead blog is still near dead... c'mon, the blogspace needs more posts!! :)

 
At 4:00 AM , Blogger NITHIN RAMACHANDRAN said...

man do i agree with you ....hehe ...yeah ..being a musician myself...i could never understand the addiction to HR ....or why every CAT aspirant cant read express or hindu ...but have to read TOI ...which frankly exceeds my expectation of a bad newspaper...

nice work man ....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home