Thursday, December 25, 2008

Movie Madness... really...

I guess the title of my blog (To Blog or Not to Blog) says it all!! What do I blog about when there's not a whole lot interesting happening in my life. Of course, it is sometimes a good thing when life isn't all that interesting, but you do get my point, don't you? I could blog about the state of the US economy, my favorite despot Robert Mugabe or about the latest episode of corporate greed and subsequent grief, but you could get that from just about anywhere else. Besides, after a particularly heavy lunch, I don't quite feel up to the task of penning a serious post. So, this post, out of sheer necessity, is going to have a slow, easy and rambling feel to it.

I have been watching a lot of movies lately. That's what people do when they don't have a whole lot else interesting to do. I like movies. They usually don't demand a whole lot of concentration (something that I'm increasingly finding myself incapable of) and provide a reasonable amount of entertainment for one's meager investments. However, most of the movies I've had the misfortune of viewing lately have been, to put it very mildly, total crap. I mean, what kind of manure are film makers churning out these days? Dostana, Lucky Oye, Dil kabaddi, Maharathi, Yuvraaj, Fashion and the undisputed king of this pile of trash, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi!!! My God, a movie collection from hell if ever there was one. The last Hindi movie I can claim to be reasonably entertained by was Golmaal Returns, which is really quite revealing. Either I have suddenly turned into a movie connoisseur cum critic, or the Indian film industry has reached rock bottom and started digging in earnest. I'm inclined to believe the latter to be true, since I was mildly amused by Golmaal Returns, which I doubt is going to be labelled a masterpiece anytime soon.

Let's dissect "Rab Ne" for a bit. I'm assuming here that you have seen the movie, or at least heard/read about it, since writing a short review here would be too painful for me to go through. And yeah, I need to issue a customary spoiler alert at this point for those of you who would (incredible as that would be) like to watch the movie even after I have denounced it to hell. Anyways, here goes... Suri (SRK) shaves his moustache, presents himself as Raj (surprise, SRK again!!!) and his wife has not the slightest doubt it is the same person. And amazing as it is, I didn't think this was even the most ludicrous aspect of the entire film. Suri is a dull, shy and socially inept nerd. One haircut and shave later he is Raj, a loud, gregarious and flirtatious epitome of masculinity. I mean come on... if he can just as easily be Raj as he can be Suri, why the f*** would he want to be Suri? Just imagine: [dull, wimpy] vs [popular, macho]. Given a choice, what would you rather be? Duh... And to think that I paid $10 to watch this tripe at the multiplex causes much heartburn.

Anyways, I guess one can always hope for a better year ahead!! Here's wishing everyone a very happy 2009... Ya, even SRK and Aditya Chopra. But one more such movie, you guys, and those wishes will swiftly be replaced by voodoo spells. Until later, cheers... 8-)

5 Comments:

At 11:58 PM , Blogger Kaushik said...

I actually liked Dostana. All of it. So what does that make me? :-(

But I did hate Golmal Returns...ho'ble muck I thought it was...was forced to sit thru it on one of those interminable Hyd-Blore bus journeys.

Oh, and nice to see someone's back from the dead! :)

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Guru Kini said...

So you saw Yuvraaj, Dostana and...RNBDJ??? :O. Bwwwaaaahhahahahahahahahaha. My condolences. I saw Oye Lucky and found it interesting for its quirkness quotient. Wanted to watch Maharathi too.

 
At 8:13 PM , Blogger Pushuka said...

@Kaushik: Ya, back from the dead, but only just about. I've got to a point where blogging requires real effort.. -sigh- :)

@Guru: Ya dude, have suffered through more than my fair share of bad movies lately. :(

 
At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://exyqysane.wtcsites.com/utybev.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://tugiqoki.easyfreehosting.com/ygepuxah.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home